Wednesday, June 22, 2011

11-12 Adventure 3!

So what happens when you combine Amber, makeup, camera, a lamp, and too much time? You get creepy self portraits. :O It seems to be my theme and favorite pass time..being that that was the theme of my entire concentration last year in Ap art. Maybe I will out grow it..MAYBE NOT!>:D

I love playing games with the light and dark. A push and pull across the levels of a face. The light slicing over the eyes just enough for them to be seen. Unflattering lighting points. Exposing what is never wanted. All this makes me artistically happy:D
















I also have a thing for pictures using mirrors. This time however nothing broken:) I like the thought of finding the light in the dark and clinging to it. Even if everything seems bleak there is always a light..you simply have to find it. Once you do never let go..











This one was a happy hassle. I had to manually add the light on the face to get the right effect. It was a hassle but I absolutely loved it. My favorite part that I worked had to preserve was the legs in the bottom left corner. I loved the intense light they captured and the interesting shape. Thanks to all the fingerprints on my mirror it looks like the light is showing ever a little smoke texture around it.  Very asymmetrical balance which is a personal favorite of mine.









This one has more of a in your face feel. There is no delicate dance of light and dark melting into each other. It is either very light or very dark. Little middle ground. The eyes seem almost lifeless and uncaring. The concept behind it involves the thought of giving up. When things seem too much sometimes you need to just let go and revert inwards. show no emotion and let nothing out. The hand represents the stopping of anything from an escape.










 This one is less dark but still has the lifeless effect. Sort of the doll lifelessness.














This one I intentionally made to look like the reaction of watching a frightening movie. I have been thinking about why I love scary art but cannot handle scary movies. The answer never came to me however this picture did. :) I tried to make the light look blue tones just as movies tend to give off.










This one just might be my least favorite of them all. I like the dark and light battling but that is about all.















Rawr! >:D
It is surprisingly symmetrically balanced for me. I've been watching Teen Wolf lately >.< what can I say.














This one is nearly black and white other than the slight pink and blue green hints within parts. I like that everything is so bright but still it holds an ill vibe to it. The shadow in the back i my favorite part. Very Asymmetrical balanced. Very choppy (from left to right it goes.. black white black white black and lastly white.) If you even understood that. o.o

2 comments:

  1. These are really cool...since your next concentration is Drawing and Sculpture are there ways you can turn these into those? Perhaps by painting or drawing from these photos? In sculpture is there a way you could use the photos, mirrors and create some sort of assemblage or maybe masks that are based on the faces you've created here? Faces and portraits in particular could be your whole concentration again, just done in new and different media. I see growth in these and a changed point of view. They are very different from the ones you did this past year. There is more confidence and maybe less pain. Glad you posted actual work, you may be the only one in the class who has!

    ReplyDelete

Followers