Wednesday, October 12, 2011

MIAD Galleries


These three sculpture are called Space Scraps and Totems 
by Eddie Villanueve


I Love these pieces because of the combination of strong 2-D components combined with a 3-D figure in space. The way the sculptures sit in the space is really cool. There is a very strong use of shape line and color in the 2-D backgrounds. The 3-d portion has amazing texture and color present. I love how the first one is symmetrical. It adds an impact when you see it. I also adore how the pieces are so different in design details but still obviously a collection. I wouldn't change a thing with these at all. Without the backgrounds I don't think I would like it as much as I do.



2 comments:

  1. What gallery was this? I totally missed these. Very fun pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was in that one really cool store! The one that is crazy decorated with all the crazy products.

    ReplyDelete

Followers